About the Inland Northwest
The Inland Northwest is an 80,000 square mile region spanning portions of eastern Washington, the Panhandle of Idaho, northwestern Montana, and two Canadian Provinces.
- Natural resources: The region boasts abundant natural resources that have provided the foundation for the area’s timber, mining and agricultural based economy for nearly two centuries.
- Economic viability: Although agriculture and timber remain significant, the area’s economy relies increasingly on medical services, tourism, and general services as its foundation.
- Recreation: Opportunities abound in this area of varied geography and four distinct seasons.
Detailed information is provided in the following areas:
- Population growth, trends, and expansion information (more...)
- Local weather (more...)
- Spokane Metropolitan Area (more...)
- Economic Base (more...)
- Taxable Retail Sales (more...)